• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Sharp FX Plus root board where you can find super user guides including unrooting. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.

Photobucket
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acebox

Thread: Custom Recovery

Developer
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Sharp FX Plis
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2

Exclamation [cwm][5.0.2.8]

ClockWorkMod Touch

This recovery should be considered highly dangerous, and is a nightly alpha. DO NOT FLASH if you don't know what you're doing. A safer recovery is down in post #4.

Scroll down to post #2 for changelog, post #3 for installation guide, and post #4 for download links.

Please read entire document before flashing. According to CyanogenMod rules, I am required to tell you all that this is an unofficial port of CyanogenMod, and you all are supposed to read the whole document under this:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
    While this port is in the alpha stage, users will experience key issues. I am aware of the issue. The arrow keys on the QWERTY keyboard is used in recovery.

#Standard CM Disclaimer;
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up or hard bricking your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Please do NOT post bug reports on any issue tracker for these builds. These are UNOFFICIAL Nightly Builds of CWM5 for the Sharp FX Plus (ADS1). I repeat this is an unofficial port. If you post issues on the official CyanogenMod bug tracker, they will laugh, and delete it. Post all issues in THIS THREAD.

Credits to Developers:

The entire CyanogenMod team. You guys are awesome!
    Myself, as it is a self-built recovery. (:

All my testers (Thanks Everyone)

Private Testers Credits:
    No testers yet.

If you would like to contribute to the development of this ROM, please PM me. If you don't PM me back within a timely manner after I reply to your intial PM, I will assume you have forgotten how to use Tapatalk, and is no longer worthy of testing.
    All source code is available at https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1 . If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout the device tree, https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1
    Device Tree Source code including Gingerbread kernel source is now available https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1 for everyones viewing pleasure.

What Works?
    It boots.
    Flashes perfectly.
    Wipes (Don't know, way to risky to try at the moment.)

Known Issues:
    Screen denisty wayy to high.
    UMS Dead
    ADB Dead Again.
    Physical Keys may be unresponsive at times (just swipe the screen for the moment, working on it)
    A lot of other things.
    Status 0 Errors on newer zips.
    Last edited by rnorris97; 08-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Changelog:

Alpha 1: Initial Release.
    Alpha 2: Fixed ADB
    Alpha 3: Moved from 5.0.2.8 to Touch .
    Last edited by rnorris97; 08-29-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Installation Guide:

WARNING: I'm not responsible for ANY bricks whatsoever. If you brick, I'm sorry. Read the CM disclamer in post 1. Yell, scream, whatever. Just don't blame me.

Download flash_image and extract it from the zip file to a location on your computer.
    Copy the recovery image for your phone to a convenient location on your computer, preferably with a short path.
    I will be placing it on the C Drive directly (not in any folder) and using that in the next steps.
    Note: The recovery image should have .img extension. If it is in a zip file, extract the .img file from it.
    Enable USB debugging mode on your device from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development.
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    Open a Command Prompt window on your computer and enter the following commands:

adb push c:\flash_image /sdcard/
    adb push c:\recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 777 flash_image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    This will first transfer flash_image and recovery.img to your phone. Then it will copy flash_image to the /system/bin folder of your Android device and make it executable. Finally, it will flash the custom recovery image to your device using flash_image.
    Note that we used c:\flash_image and c:\recovery.img in the first two lines as we had these files extracted at the root of our C drive. If you extracted the files elsewhere, use the appropriate paths and if your recovery image has a different name, use the appropriate name.

Reboot your device once the process is finished and you’re done. You may exit adb and the Command Prompt window on your computer by entering ‘exit’ thrice.
    Last edited by rnorris97; 08-26-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Last edited by rnorris97; 08-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Okay everyone, a working alpha is available. Please read posts 1 , 2 , 3 , as they contain very important information.
    Please expect an alpha 2, or maybe even 3, by the end of tomorrow.

Goodnight.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Instead of building an alpha two, I'm working on a GUI for flashing the recovery images. I'm most definately not giving an ETA for this as it takes a while. Check back in tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Sharp ADS1, Acer A500, HTC Inspire 4g, HTC HD2, Nook Color
    Android OS
    Various - Froyo, GB, ICS, JB, CM6/7/9/10
    Hi morris, in your recovery image - does UMS work?

I've built a recovery for the ADS1 also using the builder site (CWM v6), but there was no way I saw to input a custom UMS file for it - everything else works otherwise.

Ayways, awesome work! Nice to see others modding this lil thing too!

EDIT: I'll test it out and report back on my device.

IT WORKS!! tested everything, permissions, partition sd, mount, unmount, format partitions, install from zip, etc.. - same no adb and usb mass storage problems as what I made on the cwm builder site (v6-ext3) - aside from that, works great!
    Last edited by acebox; 08-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    rnorris97 likes this.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by acebox View Post
    Hi morris, in your recovery image - does UMS work?

I've built a recovery for the ADS1 also using the builder site (CWM v6), but there was no way I saw to input a custom UMS file for it - everything else works otherwise.

Ayways, awesome work! Nice to see others modding this lil thing too!

EDIT: I'll test it out and report back on my device.

IT WORKS!! tested everything, permissions, partition sd, mount, unmount, format partitions, install from zip, etc.. - same no adb and usb mass storage problems as what I made on the cwm builder site (v6-ext3) - aside from that, works great!

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah. I don't no what's wrong with the UMS. And you're sure about adb? After you mount the /system partition it works fine. And I was planning to up to CWM 6 but since you have a working version, I'll start compiling for CWM Touch. Also , can you provide me with your Git name is I can add you to the repo?

Edit: Wait, there's a site that builds recovery images? So , instead of coding, I could've done that. Lesson learned, Google is Your Friend.
    Last edited by rnorris97; 08-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Developer
    Device(s)
    Android OS
    4.1, 2.2
    Bump, bump. I'm still here.