• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Android Rooting Forum discussion about general android root development.

Photobucket

Thread: XDA Forum

Device(s)
    Tagital 7" tablet
    Android OS

XDA Forum

I'd never heard of XDA before (although I've not spent much time searching for info yet, either), so I appreciate being pointed to that forum for answers to my questions. It does seem kind of redundant, though, in that I came to this forum to discuss things and am told to go to another one. I understand some of the things are complex and we don't always want to re-type of search for things to post links, but in part, my questions are trying to get more conversations going, but it seems that the stock answer is, "Go to XDA." My first impression of this section of this forum is it could be closed for new threads and just have a sticky that says, "visit XDA forum for all your rooting questions/needs". Maybe I'm not asking my questions in the right way, but like I said, I'm a newbie and trying to learn and discuss things with those who have been there before. I understand that sometimes posters don't like re-answering the same questions all the time, as I've been in the position on forums before, so if that's what I've been doing, I apologize.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I agree with you, xda is a overwhelming site to be honest. Some of us here try to keep it simple. Some members would do better to help rather than kick the ball off to xda.
    Android Forums at Android Evolved

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean
    Quite possibly the reasoning is that on XDA is where you'll find the devs of the roms and that’s the place the release and provide support. If there is any upcoming devs here, maybe they would be inclined to release their work here and provide the support instead of directing traffic to XDA.