• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Android Rooting Forum discussion about general android root development.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    samsung galaxy precedent
    Android OS

galaxy precedent

My son rooted my galaxy precdent.I am just learning about it.How do i find out what its operating system is?It says cyanogen7 as it boots up.seems to work fine just wondering what its capable of now?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    8.9 GTAB, S3, Charge, iPhone4S, iPhone4, iPod Touch and two Kindle Fire's all Beast
    Android OS
    CM10 Jelly Bean Custom
    I'm thinking its running a custom honeycomb android 3.2 or earlier build. Cyanogen is know for its custom features, and theming options, not to mention it may have a different kernel running the show now. Once rooted, on a rom or os that can support it, you can overclock the CPU , undervolt the device to gain battery life amongst other things like swapping different apps or apk's as they are called from other devices that were originally not designed for the phone. Each custom build had its own little tweaks, for example there are around 5 to 8 cm10 builds in circulation for multiple devices.....go dig around in settings>about to see what version you're on.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy precedent
    Android OS
    thanks .I'd like to know more about undervolt the device.As it uses up the battery quick.

Device(s)
    8.9 GTAB, S3, Charge, iPhone4S, iPhone4, iPod Touch and two Kindle Fire's all Beast
    Android OS
    CM10 Jelly Bean Custom
    Undervolting is something that is kernel specific. Which means you may or may not want to or can't mess with CPU processing speeds or undervolting at all. In settings, where you found your build info, it also displays the kernel info, like faux or motley etc.....not sure what your build has available. There are apps the store you can use to do this like SetCPU. After checking out your phone, I'm not really sure how much is possible with it man. Battery use on custom roms are horrible. Straight up, you can get a custom app or two, maybe speed it up a bit, but the battery life you're used to is gone forever. I'll look for a thread, but developers have a site/thread specifically dedicated to your device, which people are answering and asking the same questions all day long.....locate it, sign up and in, and join the community brother.....it can become very addictive.... ill come back and link you to a post if I can find one for you.