• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Slow Loading Data

I've noticed whenever I've used a large amount of data recently, suddenly everything on my phone slows down. For example, if I'm reading the news for about 30 minutes, when I go to google something, the internet will take a very long time to load. What is the reason behind this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    I don't know, but recently the same thing has been happening to me after I use internet for awhile. Are you on Verizon, I use a ton of data, I may be trottled.
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I have heard that companies are cracking down on how much data you can use. I haven't personally experienced it since I have unlimited data, but they say once you are close to your limit they slow it down.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    ^I have unlimited too..... but I have had the problem....
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

There is a Sprint commercial (I think) claiming T-Mobile is specifically slowing down data speed on unlimited plans on purpose. They also bash Verizon and AT&T. I have no clue if Sprint is better, but they claim their unlimited data plan is actually unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderboltBaby View Post
    I have heard that companies are cracking down on how much data you can use. I haven't personally experienced it since I have unlimited data, but they say once you are close to your limit they slow it down.
    I have unlimited data as well. I hope it's not just T-Mobile doing this, I'd hate to switch providers. Before smartphones, T-Mobile has always been good to me.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Rain, Sprint does have to purposely slow down their data service, it already runs super slow. I can skip through 3 pages in a breeze with Verizon and my friend is still trying to load the first page with Sprint.

Their commercial is lying to me! That's okay, I would never go with Sprint. Their rates are way too high, their customer service is not very good, and their actual service is not desirable.

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    ice cream
    it happens because of the storage may be the browser you are using has limited cache storage limit you can increase the cache size for the browser to see the effect or cleaning your junk files from time to time will help use some junk file remover for android