• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS

Why do they say they can't?

I am not sure why Verizon always says they can't repair stuff but it has happened to me twice in the last 2 years. About a year ago my Blackberry software crashed on me so I took it into the store and they said they can't fix it, I would have to get a new one. Then I called tech support and they told me exactly how to fix it. It wasn't easy but it was fixable. Then I just broke the screen on my Thunderbolt and they again told me they can't fix it I would have to get a new one. I took it to a repair shop and they said no problem it's an easy swap out. Why does Verizon always say they can't fix it when they can?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It has been my experience that when they say that they can fix something, you are almost better off buying a new one. So, maybe that is why thye would rather just say they can't.

I think the main problem is that you are taking it to the store. In my opinion, the employees at the store are going to try and sell you something new no matter what. I think you are better off calling Verizon Customer Service. They are still going to try and sell you something but I think they are more likely to help you resolve an issue or at least get you started.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Vern I think you are right because they get paid commission for selling a new phone. The salespeople at the store don't get anything for sending one out for repair. The think that makes me angry is that I just paid $300 for this one.

Indeed, I agree. I always call the customer service line directly, rather than going into a store. The store is great for purchasing new products or going in and asking questions. When it comes to repairs, though, it’s better to deal with people who are trying to keep customers rather than make income.

Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb
    There are laws against lying to customers, and you should probably make a complaint to the supervisor of those salespeople. As long as the phone can be repaired, and you can prove that the broken device was repaired, the fact that they refused to send it to repair means that they are either incompetent or just dishonest. Either way, they should get penalized.

A friend of mine is having similar issues with Verizon and she is currently out of the country and no where near any local areas that sell Verizon products or have techs around. I could not imagine dealing with a company like this, how are they still in business?