• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Thread: Coverage

Coverage

I'd like to hear from anyone who uses Virgin Mobile's services, especially about the coverage they really have in the US. I've looked at their website but would prefer frank and honest feedback from existing users. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I used Virgin Mobile briefly about five years ago and at that time, I wasn't satisfied with their coverage on the East coast. Of course, they could have much better coverage now, but somehow I doubt it, since they are not a popular carrier here.

Device(s)
    Phone
    Android OS
    LG
    Isn't Virgin Mobile connected to the Sprint Network? I have heard that Sprint is patchy in rural areas, so I guess it depends where you will use it the most.

If Virgin Mobile is really connected to Sprint, I would steer way from it. They lie about the real amount of cell towers they have, and the service isn't that good.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile are owned by the Sprint company. I have used both Virgin and Boost mobile services and didn't find a problem with them. My daughter still uses my old Virgin mobile phone and I use my Boost Mobile around Washington State and we get great reception overall. Remember Virgin Mobile is a prepaid mobile service and you pay for what you get and since they use the sprint towers it will matter where you live.