• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Thread: No towers

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx

No towers

After checking out a link that shows where all the cell providers towers are located, I was surprised to find out that Sprint/Nextel only had 2 within 50 miles of my house. It was surprising because there are about 10 Sprint stores or Sprint authorized dealers within 5 miles of my house. How can they market that heavily in such an undeveloped market?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They can market heavily in an undeveloped market the same way that they can say they have the "Largest 4G Network". They lie an awful lot but they get people because they have that unlimited everything plan. It doesn't matter how unlimited you are if the phone doesn't work.

I would love to see the link that shows where the towers are. I use Verizon and I have been told there are towers everywhere. I don't think Sprint has many towers near me either. I don't know why people use Sprint around here.

Yeah, it's all marketing. It works if it sells, it can be horrible if it doesn't. All big name companies do it, whether it's Walmart or Target, Ford or Nissan or Sprint or Verizon. If they can get customers from believing something that isn't true, why not exploit it to the fullest? That is the mindset of they company.