• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Share everything

Has everyone switched to Verizons Share Everything plan. What are the pros and cons of the plan. I switched because I bought a new smartphone. I have not ran into any problems yet. Would love to hear others opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD
    Well, the pros seem to be a bit of a better price than separate plans alone. The cons are that you had better make sure that you have enough minutes, data, etc. in your plan so that you don't get a huge bill at the end of the month because other people on the plan talked more or used more data than usual. I'm still grandfathered in to the unlimited data since I'm still on 3g, but as soon as I upgrade, my hubby and I will end up on a share everything plan. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible though, because I use a LOT of data on my phone each month.

The only con I can think of is exactly that jstep. Watch your data usage! It's expensive if you go over. The key is to watch the usage and then change it if you are near the limit. I try to switch to Wifi whenever I can (this way I don't use the data usage).

I have noticed that my phone is using data even when I'm not on it. It must be all the apps and other things I have on the main screen? Is this true? I am going to switch it to pick up WiFi whenever it's possible too. I can be sitting at work and the locating GPS warning will flash? What the heck!

I noticed this too. It also uses your battery life (the screen, GPS, etc.) when you are not even using them. I don't think there is anything you can to that. I don't think you are using data though, since you are not online.

Device(s)
    Lenovo IdeaTab S2109
    Android OS
    ICS
    I haven't switched to Verizon's Share Everything plan yet, and I still have my doubts about whether I should. Yes, there is the price advantage, but I don't like to keep track of my data usage all the time. I read on one of my acquaintances' blog that she was startled by her phone bill until she realized that she had went over her data usage...