• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS

Not as cheap as it used to be

I got switched to Verizon after the merger with Alltel so I still have an Alltel plan that includes unlimited data. I have no plans to switch my plan anytime soon but I was looking into adding a line and now on top of the extra line charge of $20 you have to pay an extra $20 for data services! How crazy is that? So it would be an extra $40 to have a second line on a plan that already costs $90.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Holy crap, that is expensive. I don't understand how people can say smartphones are getting cheaper when the data packages and such are getting more and more expensive. Ugh.

I'm living it right now. You really don't get a good deal until you add a 3rd line - that one is $9.99 but you still have to pay for the "data package". I'm paying a crap load for 2 phones right now. We are thinking about dropping ours when our 2 years are up and combining with my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by appuser View Post
    I'm living it right now. You really don't get a good deal until you add a 3rd line - that one is $9.99 but you still have to pay for the "data package". I'm paying a crap load for 2 phones right now. We are thinking about dropping ours when our 2 years are up and combining with my parents.
    That seems smart. I've actually got my line with my parents right now, too, and it's working out pretty well. You do save quite a bit after a while, luckily.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I just think that it is slightly ridiculous to have to pay extra to get data services on a phone that would share my package. My package has unlimited data and unlimited texts so I should not have to pay extra to share that with another line.

That is how they get you! I'm paying for 2 data packages too and it's all Unlimited - so each phone is paying that fee and a data package fee too. I almost crapped when I saw the first bill. Are all carriers like this?

I think they are, yeah. The problem is that people will keep paying for expensive services like unlimited data/texts/etc., so the phone companies see no need to lower prices. Until they hit so high a price that people no longer want to pay for it, they'll keep raising prices and charging for extra lines, etc.