• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Thread: Bad Service?

Bad Service?

Do you know much about AT&T's service in terms of quality of reception? I have had a lot of friends who said that they don't get service inside their houses, they have to go outside. Is that the norm with AT&T or do you think it's just them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My old phone was the same! I have Verizon.... So it is not just AT&T - It's a lot of carriers. I don't get it... It makes you think that it's a phone problem and not a carrier problem. I don't think he can do much of anything - I asked the same. I gave my daughter my old phone when I bought the Bionic yesterday. She has had problems already with it and reception in our home.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    AT & T just has really crappy signal service. Everyone I know that has had them has this problem. The big problem is they have very few towers of their own so you are always getting bounced off other providers towers.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderboltBaby View Post
    AT & T just has really crappy signal service. Everyone I know that has had them has this problem. The big problem is they have very few towers of their own so you are always getting bounced off other providers towers.
    That is news to me. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that a phone company could operate using other towers. I wonder why they would do that? Just to save money?

When you talk of operating using other towers, is that same thing the virtual mobile operators do? I have heard of the same complaint regarding AT & T but I am not certain if this could as well be phone-specific.

Alb
    I've also heard some people complaining about the AT&T services. I wonder how come they are so popular (I think they're in the top 3 carriers in the USA) if they have so many dissatisfied customers. I assume they must have a large number of satisfied users as well, otherwise they would have gone out of business by now.

I've only ever used Verizon so I don't have first-hand experience, only rumors, but I've also heard of AT&T having bad service. T-Mobile has a bad rep, too, I think.

Well, it takes a lot of good customer service to be in business. Word of mouth works either way, worse still if it is for the wrong reasons. Everything possible should be done to handle dissatisfied customers at all costs.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Alb, the reason they are so "popular" is because they went around a few years back and bought up a bunch of the regional operations like Cingular, Cellular One, and other smaller companies. They in turn got all these "new" customers.

Ooh, I did not know that Thunderbolt. In that case then, they should channel their popularity for all the good reasons. There is no need to have all those customers and not capitalize on good service.

Years ago, I got rid of AT&T as my carrier, because the service was really bad. I think they have made lots of changes since then, though. Right now, I am considering switching back. I have not had much better luck with other providers. My neighbors all use AT&T and are saying that they are actually happy with it, so I am thinking about giving it another chance.

I have also heard that AT&T has made several improvements over the years. I suppose all of the carriers have had their ups and downs. There is just not one service that is going to be perfect. I just think that some of these companies should wait to market themselves in an area that they know their service is going to be bad. If you don't cover an area, why sell your service there?

The only time I had an issue with service from them was within a hospital (in parts of it) and the garage attached to it. Everywhere else is fine, but are you living in the city or country? It might make a difference.

I have heard many people who have Verizon and AT&T complain of this issue. It's probably based on where the towers are located. I have never had an issue with T-Mobile, even in the mountains.