• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about all the Android carriers here.

Photobucket

Thread: Dropped calls

Dropped calls

I live in the country and I am constantly dealing with a ton of dropped calls. I use Verizon as my service provider. I know it's not my phone - the Droid doesn't drop calls. What can I do to get better reception so I don't lose so many calls?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do the dropped calls happen when you're speaking to certain people? It might not be your fault, then-- it could be the other person that's getting the dropped calls.

No it's not really any 1 person... its whoever I'm talking to. I really think it's my service, not theirs. I wish it was theirs though, then I wouldn't have to complain. Is there anything I can do short of changing carriers?

There might be an app or something you can download, but if you're sure it's not your phone it must be your provider. Maybe try giving them a call and seeing what they can do would work.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Have you tried resetting your towers? For Verizon dial *228 and choose option 2. If I travel out of my normal range I have to do this orI have the same problem. It usually takes care of it.

Device(s)
    Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderboltBaby View Post
    Have you tried resetting your towers? For Verizon dial *228 and choose option 2. If I travel out of my normal range I have to do this orI have the same problem. It usually takes care of it.
    Hey hey, I'm going to have to try this. I recently moved halfway across the country for school, and have been having the same problem with calls dropping, and with just not getting them sometimes.

This is why I’ve never gone with Verizon. When we lived in the mountains, my friend who had Verizon constantly got dropped calls and static reception. Not worth it!

Device(s)
    usa
    Android OS
    usa
    thank you