• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

General android accessories talk.

Photobucket

Baby Proof Case?

My kid really likes to go for my phone, constantly. As much as I try to get to him before he can get to my phone, I don't always make it. He's also at the stage where he puts EVERYTHING into his mouth! Are there any cases that will cover my smartphone completely so when he does get a hold of it, I don't have to worry as much?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Depending on the phone you have they do make 2 piece cases that cover the entire phone so you don't have to worry about it. I have one for mine because I am a huge klutz and bad things tend to happen to it.

Does the case cover the screen as well, like a screen protector? I've only seen the two piece case cover a slide phone, and they do not cover the screen. I've also seen two piece cases for non-flip smartphones, but they also do not cover the screen. Not sure if that type of case will prevent baby slobbers. :x

Device(s)
    motorola atrix
    Try the Otterbox cases, their very tough, and offer all round protection.

Thanks! The Otterbox case for Samsung S looks very sleek and smooth, I approve. Are most cases like this so expensive? I figured I wouldn't end up paying more than $10 bucks for a nice case, but is $30-$40 the normal price range?

Device(s)
    usa
    Android OS
    usa
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Medroid View Post
    Thanks! The Otterbox case for Samsung S looks very sleek and smooth, I approve. Are most cases like this so expensive? I figured I wouldn't end up paying more than $10 bucks for a nice case, but is $30-$40 the normal price range?
    There are times when you need to bite the bullet and just fork the money out if its something you really need and can use. We did this when we got the docking stations for our cars, it was more than what we expected to spend but seeing as we are not going to replace them it was worth it in the end.

Hm, this is indeed something I need to think about. I mean buy. I don't have any kids but you never know when some clumsy colleague drops my phone. It happened before, luckily she caught it in time. Otherwise I would have been quite mad.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note @
    In addition to the Otterbox, they also make one called the Lifeproof case. They can run upwards of $70-$80, but they are a lot less bulky then the Otterbox. They protect the phone from just about everything, even baby slobber.

I have a Lifeproof case. I have jumped in the lake with it still clipped to my waistband. It protects it from everything and doesn't make it heavy or bulky. The price tag is pretty hefty but when you think that most phones have a replacement cost of around $400, it isn't much in the grand scheme of things.