• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

General android accessories talk.

Photobucket

Thread: Otterbox

Otterbox

My husband is encouraging me to get an Otterbox for my phone. I was looking on Amazon for one, but I was confused. There is Otterbox Defender Series and Ottorbox Commuter Series. The Defender is several dollars more expensive, but I'm not sure why. I'm assuming it is more durable...

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2? Is it worth the extra cost?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The main difference is that the Defender Series has more layers than the Commuter Series. It provides even more protection for the phone, including the front being covered as well, instead of just the usual screen protector. I think it is worth the few extra dollars to get the Defender.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    It is definitely worth the extra cost. The Defender is the best Ottorbox they have. It has a built in screen protector and a belt clip. The belt clip can also be used as a kick stand to watch movies on. The Commuter is a great case that provides great protection because of it's layers. It doesn't come with the other features that the Defender does however. For a few more dollars, you would be getting an exceptionally better case.