• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

General android accessories talk.

Photobucket

selling old phones

Has anyone ever tried to sell their old phone through one of those websites? I've never looked into it because I didn't think they offered much for the phone. For anyone who has done it, do you think it's worth the hassle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I have done it a few times on a site called Flipswap. It is really easy and for the most part they give you a decent amount as long as the phone is still useable. If they won't give me a good amount then I will donate them for the troops.

I never have, though I've considered selling mine on eBay if I could get a decent price for it. Usually with the trade-in website they'll give you a tiny fraction of the amount you could get if you sell it yourself, although obviously it's more of a hassle to do the latter option.

Thanks for the link to cellphonesforsoldiers.com, ThunderboltBaby! I would much rather do that, especially if I'm probably going to get a pathetic amount for it somewhere else anyway. I love that picture on their home page.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    No problem, Gadget. I love doing anything I can to help the soldiers because they do so much for us. I actually have 2 Blackberries that I need to send in right now.

Neat. I never thought to sell my old phones; I've just given them away or thrown them away in the technology recycle bins. I like the soldier site, very cool.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I usually list my old cell phones on Craigslist and find a local buyer. I don't do trade-ins because you only get a fraction of what the phone is worth, especially if you've taken care of the phone and it's still in like-new condition. If I can't find a buyer through Craigslist, I'll list on Ebay as a last resort.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix
    i will suggest never buy an old phone

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    I personally like to keep my phone as a backup, just encase I mess up my phone.
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

Not a "phone only" site but I have sold a few on Craigslist and eBay before, very simple to do. The only odd part was meeting the first person, once you get over that you understand the rules of selling items online and "meeting strangers".

I like used old phone because it's stable performance. For the personal I 'm a nostalgic person. Don't want to leave my old phones up.

Red face

Hey! To be politeness, I just want to ask you someone who like use old phones? I have never used an old phone. Although it is a very very old one but I will still love them. Or buy a best Android phone from a online store directly.

Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb
    If i were to sell my phone I'd do it on eBay. It's safe and easy to set up the announcement. There are the oldschool methods, like put an add in the paper, that could work to but I'd have to lower the price a lot, so it would be a bit of an inconvenient money wise.

Sold one on eBay for a friend. He needed help and I offered. It's quite simple really, you only need to sit and wait for the buyer to contact you. The "old school" version Appermamee mentioned is not for me. I prefer sitting at my desk and typing rather than waste time with ad agencies.

I've sold only one of my phones on a site from my country, similar to ebay. It was a perfect sale...so I don't see any problem in selling it on the internet.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus 3D
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I rarely change phones but when I do I usually give them away. Selling a used phone is not really worth it, I prefer to do a good deed since the money I would get would be enough to maybe buy pizza.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab
    I traded in my last phone to Verizon when I upgraded, but it was broken anyway. The screen only half worked, so it would not have helped me as a backup. I got about $15 for it, which was pretty good considering it wasn't in useable condition.

I found one this weekend for a friend of mine that was trying to sell his tablet but I think it is only for those, not phones. From what I remember the name of the company either started or ended with "Gain", like Money Gain or something close to that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    I see many people are using places like eBay and Craig's List to sell off their electronics which is great, but I also know there is some place where you can bid to buy electronics. I can not remember the site now but I am sure there are bunches. Does anyone know if these bid sites allow the seller to have a cap of what they are willing to sell a phone for, so they at least get close to asking price?

Device(s)
    HTC Razr Maxx
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I have bought a couple of used cell phones on Craigslist, but I have never sold any. Mine usually bite the dust before I get to that point. I don't think I would like to buy one on Ebay because you can't really test it out to make sure it works before you buy it.

Device(s)
    One M9
    Android OS
    Mashroom
    eBay is a good place to sell used items, such as cell phones.